Jun 3, 2023 Saturday 8:30 AM [Amateur Radio Operators can be there starting at 9am. Run Walk starts at 9:30am Activity should be done by 10:45am..]
In-Person: Franciscan Health Lafayette East Hospital*
1701 S. Creasy Lane
Lafayette, IN 47905
In-Person Schedule: Saturday, June 3, 2023
8:30 am: Race Day Registration and Packet Pick-Up Opens
8:30 am – 11:00 am: Healthy Family Fun Fair
8:45 am: NICU Reunion Picture
9:00 am: Butterfly Release
9:15 am: Kids Dash
9:30 am: 5K Start
10:15 am: Awards Ceremony
The 2023 Franciscan Health Race for Kids will be an in-person event and will offer an all virtual option allowing race participants to join in the fun and upload results from anywhere throughout the country!
The race is aimed at raising awareness and funds for our Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and our Pediatric Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy departments. All proceeds will help purchase equipment and supplies needed to provide a continuum of care for our tiny babies in the NICU to our children with developmental delays who work hard each week in their therapy appointments. At Franciscan Health, we want to enhance a child’s ability to learn, improve their physical function, and support their need for independence.
This year’s activities will include a:
- 5K Run/Walk (in-person or virtual)
- Kid’s Dash, a non-competitive 50-yard dash free to children of all ages and abilities
- Butterfly Release allowing families to honor and remember a lost baby or child
- NICU Reunion which renuites patients, families, and caregivers of the NICU
- Healthy Family Fun Fair free fair featuring fun, kid friendly activities at each table
- Travelin Tom’s Coffee Truck a delicious, mobile coffee truck with signature coffee products
- Kona Ice Truck offers premium shaved ice with the most delicious flavors
- Team Fundraising to set a goal, make a personal donation and ask others to support you.